FatCow Review - Discounts & Coupons
FatCow (started in 1998) ranks #5 in our list of Affordable Web Hosting Providers. Their web hosting plans are loaded with features. Practically everything on their plans is unlimited. They also hold the highest rating that the Better Business Bureau has to offer: A+. There is also a promotion going on right now that lets you save 50% on their 1 year payment option, which is mentioned in the discounts section later in the review.
- Unlimited Web Sites on 1 Account
- Unlimited Disk Space and Bandwidth
- Unlimited Databases, Email, & FTP Accounts
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- 24/7 Phone, Email, and Live Chat Support
- Free Web Site Builder
- Popular cPanel Control Panel
Prices (before any discounts)
Below you'll find the current prices that FatCow has to offer. You can get an even better deal by using the discounts mentioned in the next section. As you can see from the table below, their prices vary based on how many months you prepay for up front.
|Plan||3 Years||2 Years||1 Year|
Discounts, Coupons, & Promotions
Save 50% off of the Regular Price of the 1 Year Plan - The regular price for the 1 year plan is $7.33/month (it's listed as $5.50 in the price list above because they currently have a 25% off promotion that everyone gets), which means you'll get the 1 year plan for only $3.67/month. To activate this discount, just use the button below.
- Everything's Unlimited - As mentioned in the key features section, everything in the account is unlimited (web sites on 1 account, databases, email, and ftp accounts).
- Low Cost - Their prices are about as low as you can find (considering the features you get).
- A+ BBB Rating - FatCow has the highest rating possible at the Better Business Bureau.
- Unfavorable Customer Reviews - Sadly, there have been a lot of reliability complaints about FatCow on the various customer review sites. Some of the things we've heard about are frequent MySQL database and server crashes and slow server download and response times. Keep in mind that we've also heard positive reviews, but we've heard enough of these complaints confirmed by multiple people that we felt it was necessary to mention them here. If this is a deal breaker for you, consider using Host Gator, InMotion Hosting , or Arvixe.
- Cancellation Fee - If you cancel after the 30 day money back guarantee, FatCow claims that they'll charge a minimum of $35 as a cancellation fee. This is actually better than a lot of hosts, which won't refund any of your money, but it is still something to keep in mind. If you're looking for a hosting provider that doesn't charge a cancellation fee and has an anytime prorated refund, Host Gator is a great option.
- Only Shared Hosting as an Option - If your website becomes popular and requires more than a shared hosting plan (such as VPS or dedicated hosting), you'll have to move your website to another provider. This in itself isn't too bad (just a hassle). However, if you use more resources than a normal shared hosting customer, you're likely to have your account cancelled without a refund for any remaining prepaid months (most shared hosting providers actually state this in their terms of service, including FatCow). But if you're using a hosting company that does offer shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting (such as Host Gator, InMotion Hosting , or Arvixe), they'll usually just give you a warning and offer to upgrade you account to a plan that will meet your needs, which is a big advantage.